8 Ways to Enhance Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Ah, spring – the beautiful time of year when flowers and greenery come back to life and the sun graces us with its presence after another brutal WNY winter. While it’s lovely to have warmer weather in the forecast, spring is also a common time for homeowners to realize that their home’s curb appeal has lost its luster.
If your home’s exterior is looking more dead and drab than bright and beautiful, here are 8 ways to bring it back to life.
- Give your front door some attention. Something as simple as a fresh coat of paint can work wonders for enhancing your home’s curb appeal. If your front door hasn’t seen a change in a while, it might be time to bust out your trusty paint brush to give it a quick makeover. If paint won’t quite cut it, you can also consider replacing it with a new exterior door for an extra bit of “oomph.”
- Add interest to your home’s facade. The addition of posts, pillars, stonework, or brick can go a long way in enhancing the overall appeal of your home. While many homeowners fear taking on larger scale exterior projects, adding a few key elements of interest doesn’t have to be overwhelming, and the results are often well worthwhile!
- Update your color scheme. If your home’s color palette is stuck in the 90s, it’s time to bring it up to date. Replace vinyl siding with a different hue or simply paint your window shutters, decking, and trim with a fresh coat in a more modern, neutral shade.
- Give your mailbox a quick makeover. It isn’t uncommon for mailboxes to fall victim to snow plows, road salt, and rust. Giving your mailbox a makeover is one of the most cost effective ways to enhance your home’s curb appeal. Simply set a new post, make spray paint your friend, and affix modern house numbers to the box itself.
- Level up your landscaping. We know the price of landscaping adds up quickly, but adding fresh flowers and greens around the exterior of your home is a great way to give it a boost. Add raised flower beds, coordinating shrubs, and decorative grasses to give your home a designer look and feel.
- Let there be exterior lighting. Adding exterior light fixtures is another simple way to enhance your home’s curb appeal. Install outdoor lights near each entryway of your home and add a few solar landscaping lights for good measure to create a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
- Give everything a good scrub. You’d be amazed at the transformation that can occur after a simple afternoon of power washing. This year, take your spring cleaning outside and give your windows, doors, siding, trim, and decking a good scrub. While you’re at it, you can also power wash your driveway and sidewalk(s) to bring them back to life and reduce the wear and tear of winter!
- Add new hardware and details. Something as simple as changing your house numbers can make a notable difference in your home’s curb appeal. Replace your door hardware and accessories with coordinating metals when you’re finished to tie everything together!
When tackling home improvement projects large or small, call the guys at Kaz to help design your dream home. We handle everything from replacing windows and doors to re-siding and roofing, and can help you through every step of your home improvement needs.
What exterior projects are you working on this spring? Call us with your questions on how to get the job done right!