F is for Flooring: How to Choose the Right Floor for Your Home
Thinking about sprucing up the old homestead? Or maybe you’re just days away from closing on a new house. Either way, home renovations are probably at the top of your to-do list. Before you make any big decisions, though, let us help you put the perfect touch on your updated kitchen, bathroom, or living space.
Finding the best flooring is just one part of the home makeover puzzle, but it’s a great place to start. At Kaz, we’ll help you make sure all the pieces fit.
Like you, we understand and appreciate the brilliance of a beautiful kitchen. That’s why we have a highly specialized team of craftsmen who work on each of our kitchen projects. With your kitchen design in mind—layout, materials, appliances, etc.—we’ll help you find the right flooring to bring it all together.
For kitchen flooring, we recommend going one of two ways: laminate or tile.
- Laminate flooring is a scratch-, water-, and noise-resistant option that makes the most sense for just about any kitchen. Made from pressed wood, laminate flooring resembles a real hardwood floor but is more affordable, so you can achieve that luxurious, hardwood aesthetic without breaking the bank. What’s more, laminate flooring is more durable than real wood, better protecting against spills, scrapes, and scratches.
- Tile flooring can be made of many different materials, such as porcelain, ceramic, and stone, which are the most popular choices for kitchen floors. For a more unique look and feel in your kitchen, consider faux wood, mosaic, or marble flooring. And remember, textured and matte tiles are safer, less slippery options than most others—so if you’ve got small children or pets, that could be a good way to go. No matter which option you choose, though, tile flooring delivers a durable and low-maintenance solution that will make a lasting impact on your kitchen.
At Kaz, renovating bathrooms is one of our favorite projects. With a rich history of providing high-quality bathroom remodeling services throughout the Buffalo area, we can transform your home’s outdated bathroom into an exquisite indoor oasis. Where do we start? Usually with tile or laminate flooring.
- Laminate flooring is ideal for bathrooms because it is so susceptible to moisture. When your bathroom gets hot, steamy, or slippery, laminate flooring will not warp, wrinkle, or fade. Laminate floors are also super easy to clean, allowing you to use common chemical cleaners without damaging your bathroom floor.
- Vinyl tiles are low-cost options that will give your bathroom a comfortable and cozy atmosphere—and they’re easy to clean, too. While sweeping or even vacuuming are pretty standard maintenance methods, many home professionals recommend damp mopping vinyl tile floors at least once a week to limit potential damages from dirt and grit.
- Ceramic or porcelain tiles are popular choices because they are both durable and attractive, so you can give your bathroom a clean and pristine look with a bathroom floor that sparkles. At Kaz, we’ll help you find the bathroom floor that complements your countertops, fixtures, and cabinetry perfectly.
- Living Space
Whether you’re remodeling your dining room or redesigning your living room, you’ll need flooring that can withstand steady traffic and the occasional spill or two—all while looking absolutely marvelous. In this regard, there’s nothing quite like a classic, solid hardwood floor. Typically made of oak, maple, hickory, and even bamboo, hardwood floors are as durable as they are beautiful, bringing both form and function to your home.
- Hardwood floors are low maintenance and easy to clean. Just sweep, steam clean, or vacuum your hardwood floors and you’re good to go. The only things you really have to worry about with hardwood floors are water and scratches, so keep your floors dry and consider adding area rugs and floormats where necessary.
Add a hardwood floor to your dining room to give it a touch of elegance, sophistication, and class; to your living room to accommodate everyday activities; or to your home office for a formal feel that keeps you on point and productive from the comfort of your own home.
When it comes to flooring, there’s a lot to cover. Fortunately, we’re the right people to talk to! Swing by our Design Center & Showroom in West Seneca to see what we’re working with and talk to an experienced home improvement pro. Or feel free to contact us today!