Small Exterior Updates That Make a Big Difference
Sometimes, enhancing the curb appeal of your home doesn’t require a massive remodel. In fact, focusing on smaller details can boost your home’s appearance in big ways. If you’re looking to give your home a facelift and boost its value without breaking the bank, adding little touches that make it look cleaner, crisper and brighter is a great place to start.
- Start with a deep clean. If your home is looking a bit dim and drab, a thorough cleaning should be the first to-do on your list of improvements—especially if you plan to make other updates later on. It’s bet to start with a clean slate, and you’ll be amazed how much of a difference a good power wash can make.
- Add a pop of color. When it comes to color, a little pop can go a long way on your home’s exterior. Consider updating the color of your front door or shutters or simply brightening them with a fresh coat of paint.
- Coordinate colors and styles. Some people believe too much coordination is tacky. And in the case of an all-plaid family photo, that’s definitely true. But coordinating the styles and colors of your shutters, front door and garage door can help tie your home’s appearance together and achieve a distinct, polished look.
- Or focus on a statement piece. Pick one facet of your home’s façade and make it special. The simple change of a garage door, for example, is a great way to add some curb appeal and may be less expensive than you’d expect.
- Don’t skimp on the details. Every facet of your home’s exterior poses an opportunity to get creative, have fun and express your style and tastes. That includes the mailbox, the trim, railings, window boxes—the list is endless. Perhaps your centerpiece is your front door—don’t be afraid to explore different colors, textures or materials for the accents that might compliment it.
- Spruce up your landscaping. No matter how beautiful the exterior of your home is, an unkempt lawn, untidy flower beds or wayward shrubbery will detract from all the hard work you’ve put in to it. Even something as small as cleaning up the edging along the curb, sidewalk or any walking paths can help tidy up your home’s curb appeal. Consider trimming any trees or shrubs, planting new greenery or adding mulch to flower beds.
- Shine a light on all your improvements. You’ve done the work on your home’s façade, now show it off! New lighting on your front porch, walkway, front door or garage door can make your home feel warmer and more welcoming, especially when the days start getting shorter.
When it’s time to give your home the facelift it deserves, trust Kaz Home Improvements with all the details. We’ll work with you to explore your options and identify your personal style and preferences for a polished and beautiful final result.